We rely on our electric water heaters to provide hot water throughout our homes every day. When these systems are not working properly, it can cause serious discomfort in your home while also disrupting your routine. When homeowners in Cobourg, ON need professional electric water heater services, they can always count on the experts at Guardian Plumbing and Drain.
Curious about what to expect when you call us? Read our most recent customer testimonials and reviews to find out.
When to Replace Your Electric Water Heater
If your water heater is over 10-15 years old, consider a replacement. If you notice any leaks on the unit itself, or if you do not have sufficient hot water or the water is not heating up sufficient temperatures, you may want to think about replacing it. When you're in the market for a electric water heater, you have options. You can choose between a traditional unit or a tankless one. By opting for a tankless unit, you'll save money in the long run and you won't run out of hot water as tankless systems heat up water on the spot. Call on our trained, professional technicians to see if a tankless water heater is the best option for you.
Some of the most common repairs these units require include:
- Thermostat: This device controls the temperature of the water heater. If the thermostat is malfunctioning, you may be left without hot water or run the risk of scalding yourself on water that is too hot.
- Electrical components: Modern electric water heaters rely heavily on electrical components. If any number of these parts, from the wiring to certain sensors, begins to malfunction, you may be left with an unresponsive water heater.
- Physical damage: A good indication that your electric water heater needs to be replaced is if it has sustained physical damage. Dents, cracks or leaks in the unit will cause water damage and could potentially lead to electrical problems as well.
Why Hire a Professional?
Attempting DIY water heater service is a risky move for most homeowners. These components are often sensitive and require a professional hand. A trained technician will be able to quickly spot any problem with the system and recommend a safe, efficient solution. In addition to this, it’s always recommended to hire a professional for water heater installations, as they will know all the necessary steps involved in installing a safe and reliable unit.
Find out how you can access significant savings on your next call with our online deals and coupons.
More Benefits of Our Services
Guardian Plumbing and Drain customers not only enjoy the benefits of our experienced and skilled service, but they also gain peace of mind with the following unique features and customer benefits:
- Free estimates
- Same-day service
- 24-hour emergency service
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed