The sewer line is a plumbing component that doesn’t get much thought throughout the day. In fact, it’s a component that you simply expect to work properly at all times. So when a homeowner in Cobourg, ON experiences sewer line trouble, they always call Guardian Plumbing and Drain for expert repair and replacement services.
Check out our latest customer testimonials and reviews to see what your friends and neighbours think of us.
Signs of Sewer Line Trouble
If you experience any of the following signs and symptoms in your home, you may be experiencing sewer line problems that require professional attention:
- Roots, sediment and dirt backing up into your sink or tub.
- Gurgling noises coming from the drain.
- A bad smell coming from the drains.
- Water that will not drain properly.
Any number of these symptoms point to problems in the sewer. Call an expert for a professional assessment right away.
What Causes Burst Sewer Lines
There are several things that can contribute needing a sewer line repair. The most common causes include:
- Roots: Tree roots will always search for water in the ground, even if it means bursting through the sewer line to get to that water. It’s always recommended to plant trees and other greenery far away from the sewer line.
- Temperature spikes: If you experience a quick spike in the temperature, it may cause the ground to shift and result in a disconnected line.
- Human error: If you are doing work on your home that involves digging in your yard, make sure you have the appropriate location. It’s very common for damage to be done to the line from digging.
- Old pipes: Much like everything else in your home, age, wear, and tear are all factors that affect the quality of your sewer line. Old pipes tend to wear out, causing problems and requiring replacement.
How to Prevent Future Issues
The best way to prevent future issues and ensure your sewer line is working at peak efficiency at all times is with professional inspections and maintenance. A yearly assessment will point out any potential problem areas and repair any issues before they cause a major malfunction or rupture.
Why pay full price when you can save on your next service with our exclusive promotions and coupons.
Enjoy the Benefits of Working With Us
In addition to our expert advice and honest service, our customers enjoy the following unique guarantees and benefits that ensure a flawless experience:
- Free estimates
- Same-day service
- Upfront pricing
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed