Nothing is more frustrating than discovering a burst pipe in your home. Within seconds, water can flood your home and cause extensive water damage. For homeowners in Cobourg, ON, these types of emergencies can happen at any time. Luckily, Guardian Plumbing and Drain is here to quickly and effectively repair these types of issues, reducing damage and helping to prevent burst pipes in the future.
Check out our latest reviews and feedback to see what your friends and neighbors are saying about our service.
Why Do Pipes Burst?
Several common issues that contribute to burst pipes in your home include:
- Freezing: If your pipes are exposed to cold, the water inside may freeze and expand. This puts extreme pressure on the inner pipe walls, eventually causing the pipe to rupture.
- Chemical drain cleaners: Using chemical drain cleaners will create weak spots in your pipes that will eventually create so much wear and tear that the pipe will burst.
- Clogged toilets: A clogged plumbing system will put excess pressure on your pipes. If these issues are left unchecked, the pipe may burst or rupture.
How to Handle a Burst Pipe
If you experience a burst pipe in your home, there are several steps you should take to ensure a quick and effective repair.
- The first step is not to panic. These issues are fairly common and require quick action to reduce damage.
- Turn off the main water line in your home to prevent flooding or water damage.
- Call the experts at Guardian Plumbing and Drain.
- When we arrive, we will assess the problem and determine if the pipe can be repaired, or if the damage is extensive enough to justify replacement.
Take advantage of our 24-hour emergency service if you are experiencing a burst pipe issue. These types of problems require fast repair to reduce damage and prevent flooding.
How to Prevent Them
The best way to prevent a burst pipe is by installing simple pipe insulation on your pipes. This material is available at almost any hardware store and simply slips over the pipe, insulating it from cold. It’s also recommended to seal any cracks or holes in your wall that may let cold air in.
Investing in regular drain cleaning and refraining from using chemical drain cleaners will also help keep your pipes in good order and prevent ruptures in the future.
Find out how you can save on your next service with our exclusive online deals and coupons.
In addition to providing thorough, comprehensive service, we also include the following unique features and benefits that add value to our work:
- Free estimates
- Same-day service
- 24-hour emergency service
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed