Receive a free price quote on site. This ensures that you receive an accurate solution right from the start.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Troubleshoot Emergency AC and Heater Repair Issues Before Calling
- Here are a few tips to troubleshoot common AC and heater problems without calling a professional.
- Dirty filters: Dirty filters can compromise your heating or cooling system’s performance. Change or clean the filters to allow air to circulate better and help keep your home more comfortable.
- Ignition problems: If your AC or heater has trouble starting up, you may be experiencing ignition problems. While you may need to call a professional to replace a part, you can save time by diagnosing the issue yourself.
- Thermostat settings: Make sure your thermostat is working and that the settings are correct to rule out thermostat problems.
What Are Some of the Most Common Furnace Repair Issues?
- Your furnace keeps you and your family warm during the winter. Knowing the most common signs that your furnace needs repair can help recognize potential problems before they get out of hand and affect your comfort. Watch out for these common furnace repair issues.
- Leaking water
- Your unit is blowing cold air
- Frequent cycling
- Loud noises
- Strong smell
- Poor indoor air quality
Is a Heat Pump or Air Conditioner the Best Option for My Home?
- Heat pumps can be an energy-efficient heating and cooling solution. They can heat as well as cool your home. Air conditioners can cool your home but don’t provide heating. However, heat pumps are especially effective in areas with a rather moderate climate. If you live in a colder region, a heat pump might be the right choice for your home if you pair it with a furnace or other heating device. That said, either a heat pump or AC may be the right choice for you depending on your situation. You’ll want to consider factors such as:
- The unit’s longevity.
- Energy efficiency and operating costs.
- Purchase and installation costs.
Reasons Why Air Conditioner Units Freeze Up?
- Your AC may freeze up for varying reasons. It’s a common and frustrating problem many homeowners face. Common causes of AC freeze-ups include:
- Low refrigerant
- Dirty coils
- Poor airflow
- A damaged blower fan
Common Factors or Considerations Before a Ductless Mini-Split Installation
Is It Ideal for Your Home?Ductless systems work well for older homes without sufficient room for a ventilation system or new home constructions. If your home already has ducts, going ductless may have diminished benefits unless you’re planning for major renovations.
Will The System Heat Your Home Efficiently?Mini-split heat pumps can heat and cool your home but have trouble heating your home efficiently during extreme lows.
How Many Blower Units Do You Need?Depending on factors such as your comfort needs and house layout, your installer needs to figure out the right number of blowers you need to give you the comfort and energy savings you want from installing a mini-split system.
If you have questions about your cooling and heating equipment, we have the answers. At Guardian Home Services, your comfort is our priority. Contact us today at 289-251-1497 to learn more about our services and book an appointment.