Is your heater struggling to warm your home to the desired temperature? Does your furnace need multiple repairs to ensure it can heat your house this winter? Then you need heating repair and replacement services. Call Guardian Home Services to have one of our heating contractors ensure your system is fully functioning before the temperatures dip and the snow starts falling. We guarantee 100-percent satisfaction and same-day appointments to our neighbours in Cobourg, ON.
We offer the following heating and furnace services:
- Emergency Heating Services
- Heater Repair and Maintenance
- Heater Installation and Replacement
- Furnace Repair and Maintenance
- Furnace Installation and Replacement
- Gas Log Fireplaces Services
- Radiant Heating Services
- Boiler Services
- Heat Pump Services
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Ductwork Services
- Filter Replacement
- Commercial HVAC
Are you tired of having frequent repairs performed on your existing furnace? Learn about our furnace installation services.
Signs Your Heater Needs to be Repaired
Winter weather can bring harsh temperatures and storms. When your heater malfunctions, it’s important to get it repaired as soon as possible to restore comfort to your home. Some symptoms that can indicate your system needs to be inspected by a heating contractor can include:
- Your property isn’t warming to the desired temperature.
- Heat isn’t being evenly distributed throughout your home or building.
- You hear loud or unpleasant noises coming from the unit.
- Your monthly utility bill increases.
- The temperature of your home doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat.
- You suspect your ductwork is leaking.
Benefits of Installing a New Heater
You can’t be left without a functioning heater when winter arrives. To make sure your aging system works throughout the season, it’s important to replace it before it breaks down completely. Some benefits of installing a new heater can include:
- More energy-efficient system that can result in lower utility bills.
- Increased comfort, allowing you to properly control the property’s indoor temperature.
- Better indoor air quality with a filtration system that properly removes particles from the air.
- Assurance that you likely won’t need repairs on your unit in the near future.
- Even heating without temperature inconsistencies, preventing hot and cold spots throughout your home or building.
Are you looking for a heating solution for your large building? Ask us about our boiler services.
Common Furnace Problems
When preparing for winter, it’s important to keep your furnace properly maintained to prevent some common problems. Some issues you might encounter with your unit can include:
- Issues caused by not having your system inspected or tuned up at least once a year.
- Clogged filters due to not replacing them regularly - about every three months. This can lead to dust, dirt and debris accumulating in your system. This buildup can cause the unit to overwork to keep functioning and lower the indoor air quality in your home.
- Wear and tear caused by aging. This can require more frequent repairs.
- The temperature in your home doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat.
- Disrupted airflow, which can cause your unit to overheat.
- A very serious problem like a carbon monoxide leak. If you suspect you have a leak it’s important to evacuate the property as soon as possible as it can cause illness or even death.