At Guardian Plumbing and Drain, we know that water is your home’s enemy. Leaking water creates a host of problems from mould and mildew buildup to structural damage. To ensure the safety of your home and the health of your family, call our experts and ask about our basement waterproofing services in Cobourg, ON before it’s too late.
Your neighbors love our satisfaction guarantee and top-rated service! Check out our reviews to learn more!
How Does Water Get in the Basement?
It’s not uncommon for a basement to be damp and musty because of water leaking. However, this isn’t how your basement should be. Moisture in the home can wreak havoc, which is why it’s essential to stop it from getting in the first place. The most common way water gets into your basement is by pressure from water in the soil around your foundation. During heavy rains, the soil becomes saturated, which creates pressure. Then, water finds a way in through cracks in the walls or floors or via the joints where concrete meets the wall.
How Waterproofing Helps
Basement waterproofing is a first step in your defence against water leaking in. To secure basements against water, most companies use one or a combination of techniques such as.
- Interior Sealants: This tool is useful as a temporary fix to keep your basement dry.
- Interior Water Drainage: An effective way to stop water buildup by moving water away from the foundation.
- Exterior Basement Waterproofing: Builders often use this method during construction to prevent major structural damage from water.
Call the experts at Guardian Plumbing and Drain and avoid a flooded basement or extensive water damage by letting us waterproof your basement. Our technicians will examine your basement and foundation to decide which method is best for your situation.
You can extend the life of your plumbing by calling us for professional drain cleaning at least once a year.
Signs You Have Water Damage
As mentioned above, water in the basement is an all-too-common occurrence. And many people aren’t aware of the damage being done. Here are the signs to watch for saying you have water damage.
- Growth of mould and mildew
- Your basement smells damp and musty
- You see cracks in the basement foundation
- Building material is deteriorating
- You see stains and discolouration on the walls or floors
- The floor is sinking
If your basement exhibits any of the above signs, call a waterproofing contractor right away to ensure the damage doesn’t get worse.