Plumbing Tips to Become More Sustainable in Time For Earth Day 2021
Nowadays, homeowners want to do their part in helping the environment while maximizing their return on investment on their homes. Going green doesn't mean that a household has to have a low water pressure or stop flushing the toilet but once a day. Continue reading this article to have a basic knowledge of tips for becoming more sustainable in time for Earth Day this year.
- Routine plumbing inspections are critical to avoid wasting any water or for conserving water. If possible, hire a plumber to upgrade the household plumbing fixtures to eco-friendly water-saving fixtures. By staying up to date on the environment and be proactive about water waste or consumption, homeowners can obtain the long-term benefits of conserving water, i.e., saving money.
- Invest in low flush, water-saving toilets. Typically homeowners can find sustainable options with costs that are on par with the traditional plumbing fixtures but will offer an expeditious return on investment.
- Switching to an ENERGY STAR-certified water heater will significantly help homeowners reduce electricity bills and carbon footprint.
How To Determine The Right Pipes Suitable For Water Efficiency
Some pipe materials can be better suited for hot vs. cold water. A few different types of materials are provided below.
Pipes best for hot water delivery
- Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride pipes (CPVC)
- Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX)
Pipes best for cold water delivery
The Best Water Saving Toilets As An Eco-Friendly Plumbing Fixtures
Nowadays, people are aware of the need that we should be extra careful about water waste. Conscientious homeowners should embrace eco-friendly household plumbing variations and water-saving tactics.
Homeowners have the option to substitute traditional water fixtures for low-flow, eco-friendly models. There are some outstanding sustainable plumbing fixtures due to today's technology credibility. To name a few eco-conscious savvy plumbing brands common among homeowners are:
- American Standard
30% of the water used in the home is dedicated to the toilet alone. With only one flush, homeowners could be wasting five to seven gallons of water. They can conserve water by installing a dual flush converter to the toilet. This little gadget allows homeowners to flush either a small or larger amount of water down the drain, entirely depending on liquids or solids they may need to wash down. Ultimately giving them total control in control over how much water their toilet uses.
Why You Should Embrace Energy Efficient Water Heaters
Water heaters, labeled as the second most significant energy usage source, can make a big dent in a homeowner's cost. However, energy-efficient water heaters that are Energy Star certified are a fantastic option if homeowners are looking to reduce their usage because simply put, a tankless water heater only heats the water when it is actually being used and lasts for more than 20 years. Therefore, saving energy and ultimately money on the monthly utility bill.
About Guardian Plumbing and Drain
Guardian Plumbing and Drain provides their clients fast, same-day service, easy and free estimates, and peace of mind from any plumbing problem that gurgles up! Contact them today for expert plumbing service in Cobourg, ON, and take a step to make the home eco-friendly!