Your hot water heater is one of the most indispensable appliances in your home. From hot showers to cleaning dishes to washing hands, the heater contributes significantly to the cleanliness and comfort provided by your plumbing system.
At Guardian Home Services, we are the premier provider of hot water services in the Cobourg, ON area. If you have a gas water heater, you can count on our highly trained staff for services ranging from hot water heater repair to water heater replacement and installations.
If one of your problems is your water heater, then contact us today!
Signs You May Need to Replace Your Gas Water Heater
Even a well-maintained heater will need to be replaced at some point. If you’ve noticed that your water heater just isn’t performing as well as it used to, give us a call to identify and fix the problem. Here are a few signs that there could be a problem with your hot water heater system:
- Leaking water heater: If you see puddles of water around your tank it could be an indication that your inner tank is nearing the end of its useful life.
- No hot water: While this may occur once on occasion, consistent hot water problems could mean you need to invest in a new system.
- Rusty water: If your water suddenly turns rusty, it’s time to call a water heater maintenance company right away.
- Metallic taste or smell: This is likely to happen when your hot water heater is beginning to break down. When flakes and grit from your tank combine with your water supply, it results in a metallic taste and smell.
How Long Do Gas Water Heaters Typically Last?
According to experts, a gas-powered unit will usually last one or two years shorter than an electric-powered unit. However, this isn’t always the case. Gas water heaters are said to be more economical and environmentally friendly compared to electric models.
Unless you have a reason to switch to another type, it’s easier and more affordable to replace an old unit with the same type of water heater.
Tired of dealing with a faulty heater? Trust Guardian Home Services for quality heater repair.
Common Gas Water Heater Repair Services We Provide
- Gas pilot light repair
- Gas control valve repairs
- Thermo-couple testing and replacement
- Pilot assembly repair
- Temperature/pressure relief valves
- Gas flex line replacement
- Hot and cold flex line inspection and replacement