When cold temperatures and heavy snow plague the outdoors during winter, you need to find comfort in your home. That’s why it’s important to have a fully functioning heating system. When you need routine furnace maintenance or urgent heater repairs, call Guardian Home Services. We provide expert heating services to the Port Perry, ON area.
We offer the following heating services to the Port Perry, ON area, including:
- Commercial HVAC Services
- Heater Installations
- Heater Repairs
- Furnace Installations
- Furnace Repairs
- Boiler Services
- Heat Pump Services
- Radiant Heating
- Gas Log Fireplaces
Curious about our heating services? Find out from our customers when you read our testimonials.
How a Malfunctioning Heater Can Affect Your Home
When your heater goes out in the winter months, it can have a large impact on your home. While you may expect to experience discomfort as you endure a cold house or building, there are also other effects:
- Lower indoor air quality: When your unit stops functioning properly, it can fail to remove all of the dirt, dust and other particles from the air.
- Risk of illness: Your family’s health can be put at risk if there is a serious issue with your system, such as a crack that can cause a carbon monoxide leak.
- Increased utility bills: Your energy bills can increase as the system has to work harder to warm your home, using more fuel.
Benefits of Installing a New Furnace
We understand that you might be apprehensive about replacing your current furnace. It might seem more convenient to have it repaired rather than installing a new unit, but there are benefits to replacing it that can make upgrading to a new model a no-brainer:
- New features and technology: This can allow for maximum climate control in your home or building.
- More energy-efficient: New systems use less fuel, resulting in lower utility bills.
- Less noise: New systems are quieter than older units.
- Consistent heating: This allows for even warming throughout your house, eliminating hot and cold spots.
We work with our customers to pay their bills. Contact us to learn about our financing options.
How to Make Your Furnace More Energy-Efficient
When winter temperatures hit, you need to run your furnace to keep your home or building warm. Unfortunately, this can cause your energy bills to rise. To try to lower your costs you can make your unit more energy-efficient:
- Use a programmable thermostat to control the indoor climate.
- Check the air ducts to make sure there aren’t any leaks or blockages.
- Ensure your home or building is well insulated.
- Book a tune-up with a heating contractor.
- Change the filter regularly.
- Open the drapes or blinds to let sunlight in to add warmth to your home.