When winter weather hits Ontario, it can bring harsh temperatures and storms. To combat these elements and keep your home comfortable throughout the season, you need a fully functioning central heating system. Call Guardian Home Services for professional heating and furnace repairs. We offer same-day appointments to the Port Hope, ON area.
We offer complete heating services to the Port Hope, ON area, including:
- Heater Repairs
- Heater Installations
- Furnace Repairs
- Furnace Installations
- Gas Log Fireplaces
- Boiler Services
- Heat Pump Services
- Radiant Heating
We’re only as good as our customers think we are. Read our testimonials to see what our clients have to say about our services.
Signs Your Heater Needs to be Repaired
Don’t get stuck with a malfunctioning heater during the middle of winter. Instead, be proactive to get your system repaired at the first signs of trouble. Schedule an appointment with a heating contractor when you notice the following symptoms:
- Your home doesn’t heat up to the desired temperature.
- Heat isn’t being properly distributed throughout the property, leaving hot and cold spots.
- Your system makes loud or unusual sounds.
- Your notice an increase in your monthly utility bills.
- The temperature of your property doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat.
- There are leaks in your ductwork.
Symptoms That Indicate Your Furnace Needs to be Replaced
When preparing for winter, don’t forget to get a check-up on your furnace and determine if it will make it through another season, or if it needs to be replaced. The following symptoms can indicate it’s time to install a new system:
- Your unit is older and is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Your system struggles to heat your home to its desired temperature.
- There is a crack in the unit. This should be inspected immediately, as it can cause a carbon monoxide leak, which can be incredibly dangerous.
- Your monthly utility bills increase.
- Your system needs multiple - or costly - repairs.
Get the services you need without the financial stress. Ask us about our financing options.
Common Furnace Issues
Don’t risk having your furnace break down at the most inconvenient time - like during the coldest stretch of winter. Instead, be alert to common issues that can require the services of a heating contractor. Some problems to watch out for are:
- Issues caused by lack of maintenance. You can be at risk for several problems with your system if you fail to have your unit inspected by a professional at least once a year.
- Clogged filters. If your filters are blocked with dust, dirt and debris it can cause the system to overwork. To ensure your filters are clean, replace them at least every three months.
- Your system can require more frequent repairs as it ages.
- Malfunctioning thermostat. If the thermostat setting doesn’t match the temperature of the house.
- Disrupted airflow that can cause your unit to overheat.
- A serious problem like a carbon monoxide leak. If you suspect you have a leak you should evacuate your property immediately and call for professional help. A carbon monoxide leak can be very dangerous and can lead to serious illness, or even death.