Stay comfortable in your home all summer with a properly functioning air conditioner. When you need routine maintenance like an air conditioner tune-up, or repairs and installations, call Guardian Home Services. We offer same-day services to our neighbours in Peterborough, ON.
We offer the following cooling services to the Peterborough, ON area:
- Commercial HVAC Services
- Air Conditioning Repairs
- Air Conditioning Installations
- Air Cleaning & Filtration Services
- Filter Replacement
- Air Handler Services
- Evaporator Coil Services
- AC Refrigerant Leak
- Ductwork Services
We encourage our customers to provide us with feedback on our services. Read our testimonials to see what they have to say!
Signs You Need to Replace Your AC Unit
Is your home warmer than it should be, even when the air conditioner is running? Are there odd sounds coming from your unit? These are just a couple of signs that can indicate you need to replace your unit. Other symptoms can include:
- Your air conditioner is older than 15 years old and is showing signs of aging.
- Your utility bills are increasing due to a loss of efficiency with the system.
- Your property doesn’t reach the desired temperature.
- Your unit needs multiple - or major - repairs.
- There is moisture leaking from the system.
- There is cold air coming from the unit, but it’s not blowing as hard as it should be.
Symptoms That Indicate Your System Needs Repairs
From time-to-time your air conditioner will need repairs. To prevent being stuck without an AC unit during the summer months, it’s important to call a contractor at the first signs of trouble. Some signs that can indicate your unit needs to be repaired are:
- Your home or building doesn’t cool to the desired temperature.
- Your unit isn’t producing cold air.
- There is water or moisture collecting near your ducts or drain tube.
- There are hot and cold spots throughout your property, meaning the unit is cooling your home unevenly.
- Your monthly utility bills are increasing without a change in your usage.
We understand that unplanned air conditioner repairs can cause financial stress. To ease your anxiety, we offer financing options to our customers.
Simple Ways to Save on Cooling Costs
Cooling your home to a comfortable temperature during the summer months can cause your utility bills to increase throughout the season. To keep these costs under control, perform the following tasks:
- Properly insulate your home.
- Replace your filters regularly, at least every three months.
- Have your unit inspected by a professional at least once a year.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Lower the setting on your thermostat by a few degrees.
- If your system is older, replace it with a newer unit.
- Use fans to circulate the air and cool the property.
- Close the drapes on sunny days to keep extra heat out.