Winter weather can bring harsh temperatures to Ontario, leaving you to find ways to keep your home warm and comfortable all season. To ensure your heating system works when you need it most, schedule regular furnace tune-ups with a heating contractor, and get your heater repaired at the first signs of trouble. Call Guardian Home Services for reliable furnace repairs and central heating installations in Millbrook, ON.
We offer the following heating services to the Millbrook, ON area, including:
- Commercial HVAC Services
- Furnace Installations
- Heater Installations
- Heater Repairs
- Furnace Repairs
- Gas Log Fireplaces
- Boiler Services
- Heat Pump Services
- Radiant Heating
Wondering about the quality of our services? Just read our testimonials to hear from our customers.
Signs Your Heater Needs to be Replaced
Are you hoping your heater hangs on for another year before replacing it? While it might make it through winter, there are certain signs that can indicate it’s time to install a new unit soon:
- It’s nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- It needs multiple - or large, costly - repairs.
- Utility bills are increasing without a change in usage.
- The heat exchanger is cracked, which can lead to a dangerous situation like a carbon monoxide leak.
- It’s losing efficiency and cannot keep your home at the desired temperature.
- It’s not heating your home evenly, resulting in hot and cold spots.
Common Problems With Heaters
You may experience problems with your heater that will require a heating contractor to repair. Some common issues can include:
- Hot and cold spots throughout your property. This uneven heating can indicate your system is failing.
- Unit shuts off frequently. This can be due to faulty wiring, a failing pilot light or a malfunctioning thermostat.
- Takes too long to heat your property. If not even turning the thermostat up can accelerate the heating process, it can be due to leaky air ducts, a damaged fan motor, or problems with the belts or bearings.
We understand that heating repairs and replacements might not be in your budget right now. Don’t worry. Ask us about our financing options!
How to Properly Maintain Your Furnace
To ensure your furnace works as expected all winter, it’s important to keep it properly maintained throughout the year. Some tasks you should perform regularly on your unit can include:
- Scheduling a yearly inspection with a professional. You should do this in the late spring or early autumn to ensure it’s ready for the winter season.
- Replace the filters about every three months. This can prevent dust, pet dander and other particles from building up.
- Install a carbon monoxide monitor and have it inspected regularly.
- Examine the ducts to check for leaks.
- Check the blower to make sure there are no obstructions. It may also need to be lubricated.
- Inspect the inside of the furnace to look for defects that need to be repaired.
- Clean the burners with fresh water to remove dust and debris.
- Clean the pilot with a wire brush and emery cloth.
- Check the “high limit” to prevent overheating.
- Keep the area around the system clean.