Summer heat can feel great when you’re outdoors, but when you come home you want to be greeted by a cool, comfortable house - not a hot and sticky one. To avoid the discomfort, have your air conditioning system repaired or replaced by a trusted AC service company. Call Guardian Home Services for dependable AC repairs and installations in the Lindsay, ON area.
We offer complete cooling services to the Lindsay, ON area, including:
- Commercial HVAC Services
- Air Conditioning Repairs
- Air Conditioning Installations
- Air Cleaning & Filtration Services
- AC Refrigerant Leak
- Ductwork Services
- Filter Replacement
- Air Handler Services
- Evaporator Coil Services
Thinking about scheduling your first appointment with us? Read our testimonials to find out why our customers are glad they hired our AC contractors.
What to Expect During an Air Conditioner Tune-up
You should have your AC system professionally inspected at least once a year before the summer heat hits. During these tune-ups you can expect the AC contractor to do the following:
- Check the levels of refrigerant and examine the component for leaks.
- Inspect the air ducts for debris and leaks.
- Ensure the right amount of air is flowing through your evaporator coil.
- Make sure the cooling and heating sequences aren’t operating at the same time.
- Check the electric terminals and apply a non-conductive coating if needed.
- Examine the motor and apply oil as needed.
- Inspect the belts and other components to ensure they’re working as expected.
- Make sure the thermostat is functioning properly.
Signs Your AC Unit Needs Repairs
Walking into a hot and stuffy house in the summer when you expect it to be cooled by your air conditioner can be an obvious sign that your system is malfunctioning. To prevent this, watch for symptoms that can indicate your unit needs repairs:
- Your home or building isn’t reaching the temperature set on the thermostat.
- Your system is running but it’s not producing cold air.
- There’s moisture under your air ducts or near the drain tube.
- Your monthly utility bills increase.
When your AC unit malfunctions, focus on getting it repaired, not the cost. Contact us to learn about our financing options.
Benefits of Replacing Your Filter Regularly
To help your air conditioner operate as expected, you need to replace its filters regularly - about every three months. Some benefits of having your filters professionally replaced can include:
- Improved indoor air quality, which can help your household stay healthier.
- Lower utility bills, as the unit doesn’t need to work as hard to cool your house.
- Less dust around your home, as the filter can catch it before it spreads through the air.
- Extended life expectancy of the system.