You expect to sweat when you’re outdoors in the summer, but you want to stay dry inside your house. To stay cool and dry all season, make sure your air conditioning system is working as expected. Call Guardian Home Services for all of your AC needs - including maintenance, tune-ups, repairs and replacements. We provide expert cooling services to the Kawartha Lakes, ON area.
We offer complete cooling services to the Kawartha Lakes, ON area, including:
- Filter Replacement
- Air Handler Services
- Evaporator Coil Services
- Commercial HVAC Services
- Air Conditioning Repairs
- Air Conditioning Installations
- Air Cleaning & Filtration Services
- AC Refrigerant Leak
- Ductwork Services
We provide quality services to our customers. But don’t take our word for it - read our customers’ testimonials.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Air Conditioner
While it might seem more convenient to keep repairing your air conditioner rather than replacing it, there are several benefits to installing a new unit that can outweigh having temporary fixes applied to your current system. These can include:
- If your system is more than 15 years old it can be nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Higher utility bills. An increase in your energy bills can indicate a loss of efficiency.
- Loss of climate control. If your system isn’t cooling your home or building to the desired temperature.
- Multiple repairs. Your unit needs several repairs, or large fixes.
- There’s moisture coming from the system.
- Odd sounds. You hear loud or unusual noises coming from the unit.
- Lack of cold air. If your unit is running but cold air isn’t coming out.
What’s Inspected During a Routine AC Tune-Up
When you schedule professional air conditioning services, you can expect an AC contractor to do a complete tune-up of your unit. This allows him or her to ensure the system is working and look for any potential issues. These routine services can include:
- Making sure the right amount of refrigerant is in the system, and checking for any leaks.
- Checking the air ducts for debris and leaks. If the professional sees an issue he or she may recommend air duct services.
- Ensuring the right amount of air is flowing through your evaporator coil.
- Verifying the correct electric control sequence and ensuring that the cooling and heating sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Inspecting the electric terminals.
- Applying oil to the motors and examining the belts and other components to make sure they’re working properly.
- Inspecting the thermostat to ensure it’s correctly controlling your indoor climate.
Don’t stress about the bill when your air conditioner needs repairs. Ask us about our financing options.
Symptoms That Indicate Your Air Ducts Need to Be Repaired
You rely on your air ducts to function properly to deliver air throughout your home or building. If there’s a leak or excessive debris, this can impact your air quality and the amount of cool air distributed to your property. Some signs that can indicate your air ducts need repairs can include:
- Your home is stuffy and humid.
- The air quality in your home or building decreases.
- Your energy bills start to increase.
- Your home is cooling unevenly, leaving hot and cold spots.