When your heater malfunctions, it can put your home and your household at risk during the winter months. To prevent enduring a frigid home, get your system fixed as soon as possible. For same-day appointments in Cobourg, ON, call Guardian Home Services. We guarantee 100% satisfaction!
Is your heater beyond repair? Learn about our heater installation services.
Symptoms That Indicate Your Heater Needs to Be Repaired
To prevent being left in the cold this winter, it’s important to notice the signs of your heater breaking down before it completely malfunctions. Some symptoms that can signal you need help from a heating contractor can include:
- Your property isn’t getting warmer, and heat isn’t being evenly distributed throughout your home or building.
- You hear loud noises coming from the unit.
- Your monthly bills increase without an increase in your usage.
- Your thermostat isn’t keeping your home at a consistent temperature.
- You have leaks in your ductwork.
What to Expect During a Routine Maintenance Visit
It’s recommended you have your heater serviced by a professional at least once a year. During these routine maintenance and tune-up visits you can expect the heating contractor to perform the following tasks:
- The technician will shut off the power to the unit to protect him or herself - and your household - while he or she fully inspects the system.
- The contractor will examine all of the inner components of the system to ensure they are operating as expected.
- With your permission, he or she will replace any worn out parts or belts in the system during this routine visit rather than waiting until they completely fail later.
Are you looking for an alternative to a forced-air heating solution? Learn about our radiant heating services.
How a Malfunctioning Heater Can Impact Your Home
When your heater breaks down it can impact your entire home. While the obvious effect is a frigid house you and your household will need to endure, there are also other impacts it can have, including:
- Risk of illness for your family. If there is a serious issue with your system, like a carbon monoxide leak, it can put your entire household’s health at risk.
- Lower indoor air quality. If the unit doesn’t work properly, it can fail to remove all of the particles from the air, like dust and debris.
- Risk of fire. Depending on why your unit is malfunctioning, it can increase the risk of fire.
- Higher utility bills. If your unit is working too hard to warm your home, it can cause your monthly bills to increase.