Heating a large building can be a challenge in winter. To ensure your property warms to the desired temperature to keep everyone comfortable, make sure your boiler system is working properly. For boiler maintenance, repairs, installations and tune-ups, call Guardian Home Services. We provide same-day services to the Cobourg, ON area.
When your building’s heating system needs repairs, call us to learn about our commercial HVAC services.
Benefits of Steam Boilers
When winter hits, you want to ensure everyone in your building is comfortable. To adequately heat a large space, a steam boiler can be the right solution. This unit can function in extremely cold temperatures, and can transfer the heat it creates from the steam to the rest of the building. This makes steam boilers ideal for large homes with poor insulation and large commercial spaces.
Signs Your Boiler Needs to be Repaired
Just like a more traditional heater or furnace, a boiler can require professional repairs. If you notice the following issues with your system you should call a contractor to inspect the unit:
- Flame turns yellow: If the flame turns from blue to yellow, it can indicate a carbon monoxide leak, which can be extremely dangerous. If you notice this you should immediately evacuate your home and call a professional.
- Faint smell: An odor coming from the system can also indicate a carbon monoxide leak. This should be treated as an emergency and requires immediate help.
- Strange sounds: Any odd or unfamiliar noises coming from the unit should be inspected by a contractor.
- Increase in utility bills: An increase in your monthly energy bills can indicate that your boiler is operating less efficiently. You should have it inspected to determine if the unit should be repaired or replaced.
Do you suffer from allergies in your home? Learn how you can lessen these symptoms with our air cleaning and filtration services.
Common Issues With Boilers
There are certain issues with your boiler that can require a contractor to inspect and repair. Some of the more common problems you might experience can include:
- There’s no heat (or hot water) coming from the system.
- Water is leaking from the unit.
- The pilot light goes out.
- The unit shuts off unexpectedly without being triggered.
- Your property isn’t reaching the desired temperature set on the thermostat.
- The radiator isn’t heating up, or it takes too long to heat.
- The condensate pipe is frozen.