It’s important to keep your home comfortable all year, as you want to be cool in the summer and warm in the winter months. While the traditional means of heating and cooling your home may be by a furnace or air conditioning unit, ductless mini split systems can provide comfort to your home without the hefty utility bills. When you need a ductless mini split heat and AC system repaired or installed, call Guardian Home Services for same-day appointments in Cobourg, ON.
Don’t endure dry, itchy skin or irritated sinuses all winter. Learn about our humidifier services.
Advantages of Ductless Mini Split Systems
There can be many advantages to installing ductless mini split heating and air conditioning systems in your home or property. Some of the benefits can include:
- Lower utility bills: This system increases efficiency resulting in lower monthly energy costs.
- Zoned cooling: This unit lets you set various temperatures in every room throughout your property.
- Easy installation: These systems can be installed easily by a professional as they do not require ductwork or other major alterations to your property.
- Quiet operation: These units do not make as much noise when they operate as forced- air systems.
- Takes up less space: These units are very sleek and can be installed virtually anywhere, typically on a wall or ceiling.
How to Maintain Your Ductless Mini Split Unit
To ensure your ductless mini split unit functions properly when you need it to heat or cool your home or building, it’s important to keep it maintained. Some tasks you should perform on the system can include:
- Change filters regularly: Change the filters once a month to help reduce utility bills while keeping your building comfortable.
- Schedule regular inspections: Schedule regular maintenance services with a professional at least once a year to ensure the unit is working as expected.
- Inspect interior components: During routine maintenance, ensure the contractor examines the inside of the unit to make sure all of the components are functioning properly.
Is your AC unit failing to adequately cool your home? Learn about our air conditioning repair services.
How to Save Money With a Ductless Mini Split System
Installing a ductless mini split system in your property can help save money -- and eventually, the unit will pay for itself. These systems offer zoned cooling and heating options, allowing you to alter the temperature in rooms you are currently using to keep them more comfortable than empty rooms. This will allow you to save up to 50 percent on your utility bills each month.