Too much moisture in your home can cause it to feel humid, as well as lead to the formation of mold and bacteria. To prevent these potential issues, make sure your home has a functioning dehumidifier. Call Guardian Home Services for same-day appointments in Cobourg, ON.
Is the air in your home too dry? Contact us to learn about our humidifier services.
Benefits of Whole-House Dehumidifiers
Does your home feel humid in the summer months? You could have too much moisture in the indoor air in your house. To help remove it, you need to install a dehumidifier. Some of the benefits of installing a whole-house dehumidifier can include:
- Eliminates clammy skin as the unit will reduce the humidity levels in your home.
- Reduces the risk of mold and bacteria growing.
- Removes the humidity the air conditioner fails to remove.
- Eliminates musty odors, mildew, mold, sweaty floors, stuffy air and unwanted condensation.
- Lessens the workload on your air conditioner, which can help reduce your monthly utility bills.
Common Problems With Dehumidifiers
From time-to-time you may encounter issues with your dehumidifier. Some of the common problems you may experience that should be repaired by a professional can include:
- The system doesn’t turn on. This may be caused by blown electrical circuits, a full reservoir, or even user error that can be corrected by a professional.
- Frozen evaporator coils. This can be caused by too low of a temperature in the room where the unit is located.
- A refrigerant leak. This should be inspected by a professional as the refrigerant can be dangerous if handled incorrectly.
When your air conditioner needs to be replaced, contact us to learn about our air conditioning installation services.
Required Maintenance for Dehumidifiers
To ensure your dehumidifier can properly remove moisture from the air when you need it most, it’s important to perform maintenance throughout the year. This can include:
- Changing the filters regularly. This can ensure the unit is removing particles from the air, as well as help protect important components in the system.
- Inspecting the condenser coils.
- Cleaning the exhaust and intake grills.