To ensure you and your family are comfortable all summer long, install a new air conditioner before the heat hits. For AC replacement services, call Guardian Home Services. We offer same-day services to the Cobourg, ON area and guarantee 100% satisfaction.
Is your AC unit malfunctioning, but you’re not ready to replace it? Learn about our air conditioning repair services.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Air Conditioner
It’s important to not wait until your air conditioner completely fails before replacing it. To be proactive, watch for signs that can indicate you need to replace your unit. Some symptoms that can signal you need to have a new system installed can include:
- Your air conditioner is more than 15 years old and nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- Your energy bills are increasing, indicating a loss of efficiency.
- Your home or building is not cooling to the desired temperature.
- You need multiple repairs on your unit.
- You need a major repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Your AC system leaks.
- You hear strange sounds coming from the unit, which could signal an issue with the motor.
- There’s cold air being produced by the air conditioner, but it’s not blowing out as it should be.
Benefits of Installing a New AC System
Having a new air conditioning system installed can have several advantages. While one of the main benefits can be having peace of mind knowing you likely won’t have an untimely breakdown in the middle of summer, or require frequent repairs to keep it functioning, a new AC unit also brings other benefits, including:
- Increased energy efficiency. The newer system will use less energy to operate.
- Maximum indoor climate control. New units will be able to keep up with the demands, allowing your home or building to cool to its desired temperature.
- Improved indoor air quality. New units will have filters that can properly remove particles and debris from the air, resulting in better air quality.
- Longer shelf life. More modern AC units will last longer than older models.
- New technology and features. In addition to more energy-efficient capabilities, newer air conditioners also come with the latest technology and features to give you better climate control.
Does your air handler need to be inspected by a professional? Contact us to learn about our air handler services.
How to Save Money on Your Home Cooling Costs
While running an air conditioner can bring comfort to your home, it can also cause your energy bill to increase. Fortunately, there are ways to reduce your cooling costs, including:
- Making sure your home or building is properly insulated.
- Replacing the air filters regularly, at least every three months.
- Scheduling regular maintenance on your air conditioner to have it inspected and tuned up.
- Using a programmable thermostat.
- Turning the thermostat down a few degrees so you’re still comfortable but using less energy.
- Replacing your older unit with a new, more energy-efficient model.
- Using fans throughout your house to help circulate the air.
- Closing your drapes on sunny days to keep some heat out of your home.