When your air conditioner malfunctions, your priority is to restore comfort to your home as soon as possible. To get quick relief and quality AC services, call Guardian Home Services. We offer same-day service in the Cobourg, ON area.
Is your air conditioner beyond repairs? Learn about our air conditioning installation services.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
To make sure you’re not left sweating out the summer heat, it’s important to catch air conditioner issues as soon as possible before your unit completely malfunctions. Watch for these signs that can indicate you need repair:
- Your property no longer reaches its desired temperature.
- The unit isn’t producing cold air.
- Moisture is pooling under your ducts or near the drain tube.
- You notice hot and cold spots around your home, meaning the system isn’t cooling your house evenly.
- Your monthly utility bills increase.
- Your unit is nearing the end of its life expectancy.
Why AC Maintenance is Important
To keep your AC system running as expected all summer, it’s important to keep it properly maintained. Some of the benefits of getting regular tune-ups by an air conditioning service company can include:
- Keeps your unit running efficiently and economically.
- Costs less to operate.
- Provides maximum climate control throughout your home.
- Provides proper indoor air quality.
- Allows small issues to be detected and repaired early before they turn into major problems.
Is there moisture coming from your AC unit? Let the professionals inspect it! Call us today to learn about our AC refrigerant leak services.
What to Expect During an Air Conditioner Tune-Up
To keep your unit functioning as expected during the heat of summer, it’s important to have a professional inspect your AC unit at least once a year. During these routine services, you can expect a contractor to perform the following tasks:
- Check the refrigerant to ensure the right amount is in the system.
- Check for leaks.
- Examine the air ducts for debris or leaks.
- Inspect the evaporator coil to ensure it’s functioning properly and that the right amount of air is flowing through it.
- Check the electric control sequence and make sure the cooling and heating sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Inspect the electric terminals.
- Apply oil to the motors as needed.
- Examine the belts.
- Ensure all components are functioning as expected.