When running your air conditioner or heater, you need to ensure the air is being properly circulated and regulated throughout your property. A functioning air handler ensures this gets done. When it breaks down, air may not be properly directed through your system. When you need air handler repairs or replacements, call Guardian Home Services. We offer same-day appointments in the Cobourg, ON area.
Refrigerant is key to keeping your air conditioning unit functioning properly. Contact us when you have an AC refrigerant leak.
Why an Air Handler is Important
When you think about your air conditioner and heater, you might not think about the air handler. But this component plays an important part in your heating and cooling systems. Air handlers perform the following tasks:
- Help regulate and circulate airflow.
- Properly direct air through the heating and cooling systems.
- Push air through at pre-calculated rates, based on the system size and area that needs to be heated or cooled.
- Regulate the circulation rate and see that it is adequately distributed.
Benefits of Timely Air Handler Replacement
When your air handler starts to malfunction it’s important to replace it as soon as possible. Some benefits of installing a new unit can include:
- Not having to shut down your air conditioner or furnace.
- Protecting other parts of your heating or cooling system from deteriorating.
- Avoiding larger, more costly repairs.
- Providing better indoor air quality.
When was the last time you replaced your air conditioner’s filter? If you don’t know, then you need our filter replacement services.
4 Common Problems That Cause Air Handlers to Break Down
When your air handler malfunctions, it can impact your entire heating and cooling system. Some of the most common problems that can cause your unit to break down can include:
- Clogged air filters, which can take a toll on the component.
- Cooling coils that are clogged by dirt and dust.
- Worn or faulty fan belts that need to be replaced to provide maximum functionality.
- A blower motor that is burnt out.