Does anyone in your family or household suffer from allergies or asthma? Help reduce their symptoms by making sure your home has a functioning air cleaner and filtration system. When you need same-day air quality services in Cobourg, ON, call Guardian Home Services. We guarantee 100 percent satisfaction to our customers.
Not sure if your furnace will make it through another winter? Don’t risk it! Contact us to learn about our furnace installation services.
Benefits of Installing an Air Cleaner in Your Home
Installing an air cleaner in your home can have several benefits for your entire household. Some of the advantages you will notice can include:
- Reduced allergens in your home.
- Improved overall air quality, which will help those with asthma.
- Lower humidity levels in the house.
- Overall cleaner smell in your home.
- Reduced levels of cigarette smoke if someone in the household smokes.
- Less airborne bacteria and germs that can cause colds and flu.
Different Types of Filters Used in Air Cleaners
When you install an air cleaner in your home, there are various types of filters that can be used. Take a look at the pros and cons of each variety:
- Ionic: This filter generates negative ions that capture positive ions - including dust and allergen particles. These filters are cost-effective and can benefit those who have cigarette smokers in the household.
- HEPA: This filter was originally developed to remove radioactive dust particles from the air, but it’s now used to reduce contaminants from the air in your home such as mold, dust-mite debris, pet dander, bacteria and pollen.
- Ultraviolet: This filter destroys microorganisms and is the best at preventing illness and disease.
- Carbon: This is the most absorbent filter. It reduces odors and fumes without releasing any of the contaminants back into the air.
Does your building need HVAC repairs? Learn about our commercial HVAC services.
Required Air Cleaner Maintenance
Your air cleaner can do a great job of keeping the air in your home healthy and cleaner for everyone in your household. To keep it functioning as expected, it’s important to perform regular maintenance on it. Some tasks you should perform can include:
- Vacuum regularly to remove dust.
- Change HEPA-style filters at least every 3-6 months.
- Have your system inspected by a professional at least once a year to guarantee it performs as expected.
- For UV air purifiers, change the bulbs as needed.