Choosing the Right System for Your Home
There comes a time in every homeowner's life where they will have to decide to replace their AC system. Luckily, there has never been a better time in history to have to make this decision. Multiple options for cooling a home exist that make it easier for homeowners to reach their individual goals for their homes.
Navigating the process of choosing a new AC system can be a little overwhelming. Luckily, these HVAC experts from Cobourg are ready to help. Here is a quick guide to the benefits of a couple of different styles of HVAC systems.
Pros of Central AC Systems
Conventional HVAC systems are referred to as central AC systems. This is because all of the components of such systems are built into the home or business. It handles conditioning all of the air at once to create a comfortable environment.
Central AC systems are popular choices for reasons like:
- Conventional Convenience: Chances are, central AC units already exist in the home where one needs to be replaced. This makes the replacement process easier for technicians and cheaper for owners.
- Consistent Comfort: Because central AC units condition all of the air in a building at once, there should be no fluctuation in temperature and humidity from room to room. This keeps homes feel more open and connected.
- Effortless Integration: The components of a central AC system are already integrated into a home and can easily go unnoticed. This preserves stylistic and design choices as well as limits uncomfortable experiences like air currents and noisy operation.
Benefits of Ductless Systems
One of the newer choices on the market quickly gaining popularity is ductless mini-split air conditioning systems. Ductless mini-split systems utilize special designs that avoid ductwork and allow for greater control of an indoor environment. Some of the main reasons people choose to upgrade to ductless mini-split AC systems are:
- Cheaper Operation: Ductless mini split systems allow for zone control around the home. Resulting in saved energy by avoiding cooling an entire house all at once.
- Cleaner Air: Ductless mini splits don't use ductwork that can harbor dust and mold. They also provide filtration just like a conventional system.
- More Control: Individual cooling units control spaces, so no one has to fight over touching the thermostat. Each unit can individually cool spaces so everyone can experience perfect comfort.
Other Popular Options
Window units are another popular option. Like ductless mini splits, window units can allow for zone control and ultimately save money. They also happen to be the cheapest option on the market. The downside of window units is that not every home can accommodate window units due to electricity demands.
Portable air conditioners are new devices available on the market to help cool spaces. Essentially, portable air conditioners are window units that are shaped differently. Hot air must still be exhausted outside, but other than that, portable AC units carry the same benefits as window units without many of the problems.
Fans are a great alternative to firing up the AC. During mild summers running fans may be the only thing a home needs to keep it comfortable. Fans are cheap to install and operate. They are also mobile, so they can be installed in the exact location where they are needed.
About Guardian Home Services
Guardian Home Services offers free estimates for their heating and cooling services. Deciding to install a new AC unit is always easy with their straightforward and honest pricing. Homeowners can enjoy peace of mind with their 100% satisfaction guarantees. Call now for AC services!